ISED new funding program
ISED new funding program – Women Entrepreneurship Strategy (WES), please share with your clients and networks…note, the intake closes on November 22, 2018
- WES Fund
On October 19, 2018, Minister Ng announced funding for women entrepreneurship under the Women Entrepreneurship Fund (WES Fund). The WES Fund will invest $20 million over two years to help women-owned and women-led businesses grow and reach export markets. It will provide successful applicants with up to $100,000 in funding (non-repayable contribution) they can use to grow their existing businesses.
- WES Ecosystem Fund
The funding announced Friday compliments the funding to support the Women Entrepreneurship Strategy Ecosystem Fund (WES Ecosystem Fund) for non-profit organizations.
The WES Ecosystem Fund is investing $85 million over five years to strengthen capacity within the entrepreneurship ecosystem and close gaps in service for women entrepreneurs. Projects must be led by non-profit organizations (including social enterprises and cooperatives) and be inclusive of the needs of diverse and under-represented women.
The WES Ecosystem Fund seeks to address gaps and build capacity in the entrepreneurship ecosystem for women. Under this Initiative, activities could include:
- Supplier diversity activities that target women entrepreneurs;
- Initiatives to support women in traditionally underrepresented sectors;
- Networking, matchmaking, and mentorship opportunities;
- Incubator and accelerator programs;
- Initiatives to support the participation of diverse and underrepresented women in entrepreneurship;
- Efforts to scale up programs that support women entrepreneurs across regions and on a national basis; and
- Other activities that will support the objectives of the WES Ecosystem Fund.
For more information on the WES Ecosystem Fund, please see the content available online:https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/129.nsf/eng/home
Application Guide: https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/129.nsf/eng/00003.html
Here’s a link to new releases: