EVENT VENUE INFORMATION
- On Saturday September 26, 2020 at 6:00 pm.
- We request that all Honourees arrive at the venue at 5:00 pm. An Honouree reception, photo session, meet and greet with the co-authors and special instructions for the evening will be given prior to the start at 6:00 pm.
- Woodbine Banquet Hall – 30 Vice Regent Blvd. Toronto, Ontario M9W 7A4.
- Yes, Woodbine Banquet Hall is fully wheelchair accessible including ramps and accessible washrooms.
- Yes, there is free parking including accessible parking spaces.
- The 37A bus (TTC) from Islington subway station stops closest to the venue. You are encouraged to visit www.ttc.ca to plan your trip prior to arrival. The venue is also located near to the Toronto Pearson International Airport.
- Adjacent to the Woodbine Banquet Hall is Woodbine Hotel and Suites. The hotel/venue is conveniently located 8 minutes from Toronto Pearson International Airport. The Airport shuttle bus is $20 (plus taxes) one way.
- Hotel details: Rooms range from $104.00 (plus taxes) for a standard room to $150 (plus taxes) for the Jacuzzi
Suite. Continental breakfast included. Check-in time is 3:00 pm and check-out time is 11:00 am. Free parking and Wi-Fi is available. For more information or to book your reservation contact the hotel directly at (416) 743-9997.
- Other hotels nearby: The Sheraton Gateway Hotel – 905-672-7000 or The Westin Toronto Airport – 416-675-9444.
BOOK LAUNCH & GALA TICKET INFORMATION
- Once you have accepted the nomination, included in your Honouree Package is a unique promo code for two complimentary tickets for you and one guest valued at $300. Please note that this unique promo code can only be used once. You are encouraged to reserve your seats when you receive the promo code as seat selection is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Tickets can be purchased for family, friends and colleagues at the time you reserve your seats. Doing this will
ensure that your family and friends are seated at the same table as you at the Gala. As an Honouree, you have first choice of seat selection prior to tickets being released to the general public on February 15, 2020.
- Once tickets are purchased online, you will receive an email with your electronic ticket(s) (e-ticket). Please keep your ticket(s) in a safe place. You will need them for entry to the event.
- Tickets to the 100 ABC Women Book Launch and Gala are non-refundable.
PHOTOS & MEDIA INFORMATION
- The 100 ABC Women Honourees will have the opportunity to take a complimentary photograph by professional photographers. You will receive a printed copy of your photo to take home with you. There will also be a Red Carpet area for you to take photos with your friends, family and colleagues.
- A green room will be made available for Honourees to be interviewed by the Press or for Social Media Live feeds.
100ABC WOMEN BOOK INFORMATION
- The name is “100 Accomplished Black Canadian Women – 2020”. It is the 3rd edition of the book with the same title which was published in 2016 and 2018 respectively.
- The book is $35.00 CDN and $27.00 US.
- The 2020 edition of the 100 Accomplished Black Canadian Women will go sale at the Book Launch and Gala on September 26, 2020. At the event, additional books can purchased at the 100ABC Book Shop in the lobby. Books can also be ordered on www.amazon.ca or www.amazon.com after September 26, 2020.
- Yes, copies of the book can be pre-ordered on our website – www.100abcwomen.ca. They can either be mailed to your address of preference shortly after the Book Launch or they can be picked up at the Gala on September 26, 2020.
- The book you will receive at the Gala is a table top size 9″ x 12″ and is in colour. The size of the book available online is 6″ x 9″ and is in black and white.
EVENT PROGRAM BOOKLET INFORMATION
- In previous years, friends, family, colleagues, supporters and employers of the 100ABC Women Honourees have taken advantage of the opportunity to place a congratulatory messages , an advertisement for their business or organization in the event Program Booklet. The cost of a congratulatory messages or advertisement range from $135 – $1,500 depending on the ad size and placement in the program booklet. Payment and camera-ready digital artwork (in jpg format) must be sent at the time of purchase. Visit www.100abcwomen.ca for more information.
- The program booklet will be handed out on the day of the 100 Accomplished Black Canadian Women Gala.
ABOUT 100ABC WOMEN BOOK
- The Co-Authors of the 100 Accomplished Black Canadian Book are the Honourable Dr. Jean Augustine, a former Member of Parliament; Dauna Jones-Simmonds, a Corporate Diversity Executive and Dr. Denise O’Neil Green, Vice President, Equity and Community Inclusion at Ryerson University.
- The 100 Accomplished Black Canadian book is an informative and educational publication. Its purpose is two-fold. One, to highlight, document and make visible the accomplishments of Black Canadian women and girls. Secondly, to support the social, educational, political and professional advancement of Black Canadian women.
- The Black Canadian women recognized in this book are highly accomplished women in (not limited to) Government, Not-for-Profit, Finance, Legal, Real Estate, Health, Wellness, Entertainment, Fine Arts, Advocates, Activists, Firsts and more.
- The 100 Accomplished Black Canadian Women book continues to spotlight the accomplishments of Black Canadian women who are from different walks of life and regions across Canada. We continue to build an ever-expanding database of these accomplished women for future endeavours and generations. The database can be accessed on our website www.100abcwomen.ca and is available to general public and at private libraries.
100ABC WOMEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- You can find us on:
Facebook: 100ABC Women www.facebook.com/100abcwomenInstagram: @100_abcwomen www.instagram.com/100_abcwomenTwitter: @100abcwomen www.twitter.com/100abcwomen
We encourage all 100ABC Women to follow/share/like/comment on our posts across our social media platforms.
THE 100ABC WOMEN SELECTION PROCESS & CRITERIA
- Through an extensive Canada-wide nomination process, individuals nominated women that they deemed worthy of being featured in the 2020 100ABC Women book based on their accomplishment and achievements. Self- nominations were also accepted. Nominations closed on September 1, 2019 and were submitted electronically on our website.
- Supported Black women and girls
- Lived and worked in Canada
- Supported related activities with organizations and groups working for the advancement of Black women and girls
- Demonstrated leadership through role modelling and/or volunteer activities
- Three major achievements or accomplishments over the past 10 years
- What distinguished this nominee as a proven leader?
- How did this nominee leverage her professional or non-professional activities to the benefit of Black women and girls?
- What made this nominee unique?
- What was the scope of their impact?
- What were the accomplishments?
- All questions should be directed to Dauna Jones-Simmonds at (416) 505-6992 or via e-mail at email@example.com